Satsang 1- 12/2/2015
- Declaration of ‘Sai Baba’ as incarnation of Shirdi Sai. First lesson taught by Guru. ‘Manasa Bhajore Guru Charanam.’. O Mind! Pray at the feet of the Guru who is the only one who will redeem you from the cycle of birth and death. Take refuge in Him; He has incarnated to take onto Himself your burdens and lead you to the path of self-realisation. He needs only your devotion and not the external paraphernalia of worship items.
- The 4 phases of His life- Bala Leela- first 16 years- Divine child sport, the next sixteen, Mahima khanda-miracles, the next 16 Upadesha khanda- Giving spiritual instruction and finally Dharma sthapana- Establishing sathya, dharma, shanti and prema in this kali yuga. Devotees must develop faith in their Guru (Swami)
- The secret of Spiritual success is implicit faith what Arjuna had on Krishna. https://saibalsanskaar.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/the-story-of-krishna-arjuna-and-the-dove/. The Lord loves the Bhakti rather than the Bhakta. Lord’s grace is like rain water, but its taste gets changed according to the soil through which it flows. One cannot understand his or her own self and family or friends etc and yet they judge the Lord’s actions which is beyond their comprehension.
- There are 4 types of people- The ‘dead’- who deny the existence of Lord, the ‘sick’ who remember God only in times of trouble, the ‘dull’ who know that God is their eternal companion but remember it only on and off, and lastly the ‘healthy’ who have steady faith in the Lord.
- The ‘World’ is an essential part of the curriculum of man. There are ups and downs, happiness and sorrows. Pains in life are worthwhile; they indicate the birth of new life. From Ashanti (restlessness) you get Prashaanti (absolute peace), from Prashaanti to Prakaanthi (bright spiritual illumination) and from Prakaanthi, paramjyoti (Supreme Divine radiance). It is like the alternating of day and night, the recurrence of joy and grief. Both are needed and if one understand this, he is a wise person. Eg Thorny and thorn less plants are both in nature; the wise man knows the value of both; he plants the thorn less one and surrounds it with thorny ones so that what he fosters is unharmed.
- God draws the individual towards itself. It is like the magnet attracting the iron filings. But if the iron flings are rusted the magnet cannot attract it. So one must be pure and shine forth ones real nature to realise God.
- It is very important to continue doing sadhana. It is required to control the mind and the desires after which it runs.
- Man’s one wish leads to another; one bond brings about 10 others. It is in the very nature of human desire; for the joy one gets through its satisfaction is imperfect, limited, temporary and pregnant with grief. The only true happiness is discovering one’s own self.