This post lists the procedure to be followed for Akhand Paat (Continuous reading without a break) for ‘Tapovanam’
After purifying ourselves with sacred bath and a mind filled with devotion and love for Swami we can begin the recitation of this holy text.
After cleaning the altar or place of worship draw a nice rangoli and place Swami’s beautiful picture on an ‘asan’ (usually a wooden plank) or a big plate. Adorn it with Sandal/Kumkum and flowers. Keep a lit lamp, incense sticks, flowers, a glass of water with a spoon (panchapatra uddarni), sandal, food offering, camphor and fruits ready. Keep the sheets of Ashtotram ready as well. Place the ‘Tapovanam’ books at Swami’s Divine Lotus feet to seek His blessings.
Part 1 (This process takes about half an hour- 7-7.30 am)
Start at 7am (or earlier if possible)
b. Sai Pooja
d. Ashtothra Satha Namavali
e. Sai Eshwara Ashtakam
f. Sri Sai Ashatkshari Manthram
Part 2 (Reading Commences) This takes about 7 hours of reading time without any breaks
Once the Part 1 rituals are done with, reverentially take the ‘Tapovanam’ book placed at Swami’s lotus feet, seek His blessings for this prayan to go smoothly and let Him fulfil our sankalpam of ‘Samastha Lokaha Sukhino Bhavantu” (This sankalpam can be used for group parayans)
Begin the commencement of Reading
The 18 Chapters at a Glance
- Entering the Thapovanam- Pranavam, Suprabhatam, Nagarsankeerthan, Sandarshan, Bhajans- Experiences of old devotees on seeing celestial beings in the Abode of Peace- Prashanti Nilayam
- Shirdi Sai and Parthi Sai are the same
- Sambhavami Yuge Yuge- Early days of Swami
- Sai Blossoms-Declaration of ‘Sai Baba’- Shirdi reincarnate
- Resurrection of Dharma-Revitalisation of temples-Badrinath, Somnath, SriSailam, Resuscitation of Vedic Dharma
- Supreme Divinity- Swami represents all God forms including Rama, Krishna, Jesus, Buddha
- The All Powerful-Creator, Preserver, Destroyer
- The Lord of the Cosmos-All elements under His control
- “Why fear when I am here?” Lifesaving miracles
- The Master of Time-‘Time and Space bound me not’
- Loving Mother Sai- “My students are My property”
- The Temples of Healing- Super Specialty Hospitals
- Paramam Pavithram Baba Vibhutim-The Miracles of Vibhuti
- Divine Miracles beyond Boundaries- Experienced globally
- “I am aware of the past, present and future of everyone”- Omniscient
- Significance of Nama Smarana
- Manava Seva is Madhava Seva- Service to Man is Service to God
- Dear to the Deprived and Near to the needy.
Phala shruti- Benefits of reading this scripture.
Conclusion of the Parayan
After the completion of all chapters including the phala shruti, a small bhajan session can be held and include ‘Manasa Bhajore Guru charanam’ for all to be sung together in gratitude to our beloved Master, Guru, Guide and God. ‘Samastha Lokah Sukhino Bhavantu’ to be chanted 21 times and finally close with Mangala Arathi to Swami.